January 31, 2009

The Stack: Metal Gear Solid 4



"War has changed." Thanks Snake, I got that the first time you said it. Kojima continues to frustrate me with his overly wordy dialog that spends 15 minutes not saying anything. Admittedly, I didn't get to play much this week at all but what I did play did little to grab me. After a pair of videos that made absolutely no sense to me, I then spent the next hour dying repeatedly as I fought with the controls. This I'm sure is user error and not a flaw in the game itself. I just had a hard time getting the camera controls into a comfortable setup. After that I had little issue with it and actually enjoyed myself quite a bit... when I was playing. My eyes glazed over and I drifted away during the Otacon conversations. I'm currently only as far as the initial Drebin meeting that I fell asleep during. That cutscene could have easily been half as long and gotten the same point across. Anyway, hope to get more game time in this week and I hope I get more incentive to push forward other than because I should.

No comments: