January 5, 2009

And All I Got Was This Crappy Fishing Hat














So yesterday I failed to, once again, win the Stranglethorn Vale Fishing Extravaganza! or recover the rare catch codenamed "The Dezian Queenfish".

This week I had the rather unfortunate circumstance I fishing in a highly populated area. I've been participating in this contest almost every week for a couple of months now. Up until now, there hadn't been so many people fishing on the plot of beach I called my domain. Not surprisingly, I lost that week and found out that the winner started on the northwestern side of the peninsula without any competition. Meanwhile, I started completely opposite him, on the southeastern side. The object of this contest is catch forty tastyfish before the fisherman next to you gets their forty. Obviously this is made easier when you have NO ONE TO COMPETE WITH!










If it's any consolation, (and it's not) I managed to fish up two Keefer's Angelfish that day. You can turn in one of those babies for a Lucky Fishing Hat. The problem (there's always a but) is that there is a far superior hat that comes from the outland fishing daily. Since +5 fishing doesn't affect the way I fish, this hat is little more than a novelty.

Am I ungrateful? Absolutely.

No comments: