January 3, 2009

Well It Did Get Done













I managed to finish three outstanding projects today:
1. Complete the new student orientation for DeVry Uni thus completing my registration
2. Open my PSP, replace the broken LCD screen, and reassemble it personally
3. Assemble my new computer chair

As far as school goes, I am glad that process is over. I've been looking to get in for over six months and finally I'm registered and starting Tuesday. The good news is that I managed to get a fair amount of grant money and a 1 gigabyte flash drive out of the deal. I guess it pays to wait, but my mind is seriously out of equilibrium for having to go from 100% free time to 20%. I didn't realize how used to it I was until this week.














Having finished that, I went to home depot to pick up a #000 philips screwdriver. I needed one because my next project was replacing my PSP's screen. Let me tell you, you do not want to break your screen ever. The screws you need to work with are really small and a bitch to reinsert. I treated it like open heart surgery, but eventually I managed to replace the screen with a little help from instructions on the internet.

And finally a computer chair to replace the one I broke. Intially I tried to put it together without the instructions because I couldn't find them. It turned out they were printed on the back of the warranty. Anyway, after I found out I did it backwards, I lost my motivation to finish it. However I figured I might as well finish the job so I don't get back problems from sitting on the unfinished chair.

Thinking about it today, I seem to have broken alot of stuff last year. My computer was out for two whole weeks in early december. Well here's to a brand year. Maybe I should change my resolution to 'Don't break your shit'.

No comments: